Thursday, March 11, 2010

Therapy dogs


I have always had pets. Lots of pets. Before the kids were born, we had three dogs and a cat that had the run of the house. As things got crazy, adding the kids to the mix, the dogs kind of got the shaft. They were sent outdoors to the kennel during the day and came in at night. It's been that way since Tycen was a baby, except for when my Obi was dying and had a good three month run as a full time house dog.

I've been noticing certain relations between Roman and the two remaining dogs. I started bringing them in earlier at night, so they could play with Roman before his bedtime. He would chatter to them. He started calling out their names ( "Boo" and "Kissy" )and "dog". He was adding more words!

Today, I decided to bring the dogs in for the day. Roman wants to be around them all the time. He's talking to them and talking about them. There's something magical between a boy and his dog, but this goes above and beyond that. My dogs have my boy talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment