Friday, March 19, 2010

The Good Life

When Eric arrived home the other night, after a long day at work, he took all three kids outside to enjoy the new, warm temperatures. I think I can pretty safely say the winter blahs are receeding. There is colder weather in the forecast this weekend, but it should be fleeting. More important than the weather, though, the coldness and dreariness of winter is leaving my body.

As I watched my children run, swing, play, and laugh with their dad, I did more than realize everything is going to be okay. I realized it was okay. Better than okay. Life is good.

In a time when others are losing their homes, we live on a restricted budget, but we are able to pay for everything our family needs. Others are unhappy with their lives while we enjoy every day. Some families need the income of two working parents and we have the luxury of me staying home with Rome and Tan. Others face much more severe problems with their children than we do, and for the most part, we have three healthy kids who are happy and well cared for.

Yes, there are things we cannot afford, but its all wants. Yes, our boys face challenges, but nothing we cannot handle or overcome. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment